I Started Pinterest a Month Ago. Here’s How I Reached 538K Monthly Views.



 A very honest look at what I tried, what didn’t work, what changed, and what I learned while building The Fay Edit.

A month ago, I was still trying to figure out what I wanted The Fay Edit to become.

I didn’t have thousands of followers.

I didn’t have a huge audience waiting for me.

I didn’t even have my niche completely figured out.

I was experimenting with ideas, changing directions, questioning whether certain things were worth pursuing, and trying to understand how Pinterest actually worked.

And now?

The Fay Edit has reached 538,000 monthly views.



That number honestly surprised me.

Not because I thought Pinterest was impossible to grow on, but because I had only been doing this for about a month.

And the interesting part isn’t really the 538K.

It’s how I got there.

Because I didn’t follow one magical Pinterest formula.

I didn’t wake up one morning knowing exactly what to post.

I experimented.

I changed things.

I got things wrong.

And eventually, I started understanding what worked.

So if you’re currently posting on Pinterest and wondering why your views aren’t moving, I want to tell you exactly what my first month looked like.


I Didn’t Start With the Perfect Niche

This is probably not what people expect to hear from someone talking about Pinterest growth.

But when I started The Fay Edit, I wasn’t completely sure what the account was going to become.

I knew I wanted to create content around things I genuinely found interesting — lifestyle, beauty, self-growth, motivation, relationships, wellness, fashion and everyday life.

But at the same time, I was also thinking about affiliate marketing.

I explored the idea of creating shopping content.

I thought about product recommendations.

I thought about using Pinterest to send people to other platforms.

I even considered building a WhatsApp channel where I could share finds and recommendations.

There were a lot of ideas happening at once.

And honestly?

Some of them didn’t work.

One of the biggest things I learned from that period was that you don’t have to force yourself to continue with an idea simply because you already started it.

If something doesn’t feel right anymore, you can change direction.

That’s exactly what I did.


The Fay Edit Became Bigger Than One Content Category

Eventually, I realized I didn’t want The Fay Edit to be just a shopping account.

I wanted it to feel like a place someone could go when they wanted inspiration for their life.

That could mean a self-growth reminder.

A lifestyle idea.

A beauty tip.

A fashion post.

A relationship thought.

A room inspiration post.

Something about navigating your twenties.

A motivational reminder.

Or even an article that makes someone stop and think.

That’s when The Fay Edit started becoming clearer to me.

It wasn’t about finding one tiny subject and talking about it forever.

It was about creating a recognizable world around a certain kind of lifestyle.

And that distinction made a huge difference in how I approached my content.


I Stopped Asking “What Should I Post?”

Instead, I started asking:

“What would make someone stop scrolling?”

That question sounds simple, but it changed how I created pins.

Pinterest is incredibly visual, so obviously the design matters.

But I realized something:

A pretty pin isn’t automatically an interesting pin.

You can make something beautiful and still have people scroll right past it.

The idea has to make them care.

So I started paying much more attention to the hook.

Instead of creating a generic post called:

“Ways to Improve Your Life”

I’d rather create something that makes someone curious:

“What if your life has already begun?”

Instead of simply saying:

“Things You Should Stop Doing”

I’d rather create:

“Things I Stopped Explaining.”

The difference is curiosity.

The first tells you exactly what you’re getting.

The second makes you wonder:

“What things?”

And that tiny bit of curiosity can be enough to make someone stop.


I Started Treating Every Pin Like an Experiment

I didn’t expect every pin to perform brilliantly.

And I think that mindset helped me.

Some ideas worked better than others.

Some designs looked amazing but didn’t have the strongest concept.

Some simple ideas performed better than something I had spent much longer thinking about.

That’s actually useful information.

Because Pinterest gives you feedback.

You can look at what people are responding to and start noticing patterns.

What topics attract attention?

What kind of wording makes people curious?

What designs make people stop?

What content gets saved?

What makes people click?

Instead of seeing every pin as a test I had to pass, I started seeing each one as information.

And that made experimenting much easier.


The Hook Became One of My Biggest Priorities

I learned very quickly that I didn’t want my Pinterest titles and on-image text to sound like something people had already seen a thousand times.

There are so many posts online saying:

“5 ways to…”

“7 things you need to…”

“10 tips for…”

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with those formats.

But I didn’t want The Fay Edit to feel like every other account.

So I started looking for more interesting ways to introduce an idea.

Sometimes that meant asking a question.

Sometimes it meant saying something slightly unexpected.

Sometimes it meant writing the headline like something a friend would actually say.

Sometimes it meant creating a statement that made someone think:

“Wait… that’s actually me.”

That emotional reaction became really important.

Because people don’t only save information.

They save things that speak to them.


Pinterest SEO Still Matters

Of course, creating interesting content isn’t enough if nobody can find it.

I also paid attention to Pinterest SEO.

That meant thinking about the words people might actually search for and making sure those ideas appeared naturally in my:

  • Pin titles
  • Descriptions
  • On-image text
  • Board names
  • Content topics

But I didn’t want to turn my descriptions into a pile of random keywords.

I wanted them to sound like something an actual person would read.

So instead of thinking:

“How many keywords can I squeeze into this?”

I thought:

“What would someone searching for this actually want to know?”

That’s a much better starting point.


I Also Learned That Consistency Doesn’t Mean Repetition

Posting consistently is important.

But consistency doesn’t mean creating the exact same pin over and over again.

I wanted my account to have a recognizable visual identity without making every pin look identical.

So I experimented with different formats.

Some pins were more editorial.

Some were journal-inspired.

Some were conversational.

Some were lists.

Some were fashion-focused.

Some were motivational.

Some were designed around a particular feeling.

The subject could change.

The format could change.

But the overall The Fay Edit feeling stayed recognizable.

That was important to me.

Because I didn’t want to build an account that simply looked like it was chasing whatever happened to be trending that week.

I wanted to build a brand.


And Then the Numbers Started Moving

This is the part everyone notices.

The 538,000 monthly views.

But the number didn’t happen overnight.

It came after all the experimenting.

After changing directions.

After figuring out what I actually wanted The Fay Edit to be.

After learning how to make my content more interesting.

After creating pins consistently.

After paying attention to what was working.

And after realizing that Pinterest isn’t necessarily about having a huge following.

At the time of writing this, my account has 22 followers.

Yet it has reached 538,000 monthly views.

That was one of the most interesting things for me to see.

It reminded me that Pinterest can put your content in front of people who don’t already know you.

You don’t necessarily need thousands of followers before your content can reach thousands of people.


If You’re Struggling to Get Pinterest Views, Here’s What I’d Tell You

Don’t immediately assume that your account is failing.

And don’t assume that you need to completely start over.

Look at your content.

Ask yourself:

Would I stop scrolling for this?

Is the headline actually interesting?

Am I giving people a reason to click or save?

Does my content solve something, inspire something, teach something, or make someone feel something?

Am I experimenting enough?

And most importantly:

Am I giving myself enough time to learn what works?

Because one of the biggest mistakes I could have made would have been expecting myself to understand Pinterest perfectly on day one.

I didn’t.

I learned by doing.


My Biggest Lesson From the First Month

If I had to take everything I’ve learned from this first month and put it into one sentence, it would be this:

Don’t wait until you have the perfect strategy before you start.

Start.

Create something.

See what happens.

Change it.

Try again.

Pay attention.

Improve.

Repeat.

That’s basically what happened with The Fay Edit.

I started with several different ideas.

I explored affiliate marketing.

I considered shopping content.

I thought about building a WhatsApp community.

I questioned my niche.

I changed direction.

And eventually, I found something that felt much more like me.

The Fay Edit became a space for lifestyle, self-growth, beauty, fashion, wellness, relationships, inspiration, articles and eventually my own digital products.

And I’m still figuring it out.

That’s the part I think people sometimes forget about building something online.

You don’t have to have the entire journey planned before you begin.

Sometimes you discover the direction by walking.


So, Was 538K the Goal?

Honestly?

No.

When I started, I wasn’t sitting there thinking:

“I need to reach 538,000 monthly views.”

I was just trying to make something work.

And that’s probably why the number means something different to me.

It isn’t proof that I had everything figured out.

It’s proof that something I was experimenting with started working.

And now I want to see how much further I can take it.

Because this is only the beginning.

The Fay Edit is one month old.

And if one month can teach me this much, I’m genuinely curious about what the next few months are going to look like. πŸŽ€


If You’re Starting Pinterest Right Now…

Don’t worry if your account doesn’t look perfect.

Don’t worry if your first pins don’t get thousands of views.

Don’t worry if you change your mind about your niche.

And definitely don’t think you have to copy someone else’s exact strategy.

Take inspiration.

Learn the platform.

Experiment.

But give yourself permission to create something that actually feels like yours.

Because sometimes the strategy that finally works isn’t the one you planned at the beginning.

It’s the one you discover along the way. 🩷




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Decided What a Beautiful Woman Is Supposed to Look Like?

Welcome to The Fay Edit πŸŽ€

I Think We’re Planning Our Lives Wrong